1. Take a walk. If you have yet to form a concrete idea, we suggest that you take a walk. Grab a cup of coffee or tea and hit the streets. Studies have shown that walking is linked to innovative ideas. There is something unique about physically moving forward that helps the brain automatically do the same thing. While walking, intentionally think about what makes you come alive and different ways that you can help solve a problem or create something new. When you return from your walk, write down any ideas that came to mind.
2. Practice vulnerability. Invite a trusted friend into your creative process. Bouncing your ideas off someone will help you solidify them and find any potential pitfalls. A second opinion also has the ability to help you enrich the idea. Community is important when you are about to courageously step forward into the unknown.
3. Know your story. Depending on what your idea is, it is time to intentionally create your social blueprint. Let’s do this right from the very start! First things first, what is your overall message? How does your idea enhance the consumer’s life or generally help people? What makes this idea unique? Your message is extremely important, because it is the story that you will be weaving throughout the branding process in order to cohesively share your idea. With your story in mind, it is time to either come up with a name that matches your vision or make sure that the name you already chose is in line with your story.
4. Create consistent branding. With your story and name in mind, what colors or themes do you think of? It is important to remain cohesive throughout your social presence. We recommend choosing two to three colors and sticking with those for any and all material that you produce. Alternatively, if you are going for a more eclectic look with a variety of colors, we suggest pairing these colors with a continuous neutral. We also recommend utilizing only the same two or three fonts. It is best to figure out your colors and fonts at the very start.
5. Lift off! Great. You have a your idea and your story locked and loaded. Moving forward, it is time to secure your social handles (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.) and website. If your name is taken, don’t fret. It will be okay. Consider using a dot or an underscore. Alternatively, come up with a few more names to search.
HOW CAN WE ASSIST YOU...
Ready to jumpstart your social presence and capture your audience's attention through storytelling? Share your story with us. We would love to see how we might be able to hold your hand while you rebrand your site, launch your business, gather relevant and shareable content, inspire people with your story...etc